Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How to add datanode heap metric widget in Ambari dashboard just like Namenode heap

How to add datanode heap metric widget in Ambari dashboard just like Namenode heap

Rising Star

Can anyone tell what parameter we need to set in the "create widget" tab for adding datanode heap metric in Ambari dashboard as it shows for Namenode heap in the metrics

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: How to add datanode heap metric widget in Ambari dashboard just like Namenode heap

Expert Contributor

@Anshul Sisodia

Hope below image helps:

1518-dn-heap.png

You can see how given widget is configured by viewing it in edit mode:

For example Namenode heap widget is configured as seen below:

1519-nn-heap-edit.png

Here is link to already posted question on how to add widget

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/8583/ambari-dashboard-widgets.html

Highlighted

Re: How to add datanode heap metric widget in Ambari dashboard just like Namenode heap

Expert Contributor

You can also use https://github.com/u39kun/ambari-grafana for creating custom graphs.

Highlighted

Rising Star

@Rahul Pathak I tried this suggestion but widget is not showing any data. Do we need to fill some value in empty tab next to the parameter?

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

No, I have left that empty. However this metric is aggregate of all datanodes heaps, so I have selected sum as aggregation.

Highlighted

Rising Star

It doesn't show any metric in widget and show n/a always

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Verify that ambari metrics services are running on hosts.

Best way to create a widget similar to other is to clone it and then edit.

What version of HDP and ambari you have?

I have ambari 2.2 with hdp 2.3 and it is working fine for me.

I have also tested this on ambari 2.1 with hdp 2.2.9

1520-widget-dn.png

Highlighted

Rising Star

I have HDP 2.3 and Ambari 2.1

Highlighted

Rising Star

its still not resolved

Highlighted

Rising Star

@Pardeep Please suggest

Don't have an account?