Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to add hbase to HDF?

How to add hbase to HDF?

Expert Contributor

Hi, i have installed hbase onto a HDF server. There are no other nodes involved. When trying to create a table in hbase i get the following error

The node /hbase is not in ZooKeeper. It should have been written by the master. Check the value configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with the one configured in the master.

The hbase-site.xml is as follows:

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>file:///home/master/hbase</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
    <value>/home/master/zookeeper</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>zookeeper.znode.parent</name>
    <value>/hbase-unsecure</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
    <value>master.hadoop.com</value>
  </property>

</configuration>

I would like to configure it so i can run the trucking app demo but cant get past this error. Have i to configure anything in the zookeeper configs or change hbase configs? Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: How to add hbase to HDF?

Guru

HBase is not part of HDF. It comes with the HDP. Can you give more details about the usecase on why you need a HBase on that node? If it is as a HBase client, you don't need to install HBase on this node.

Expert Contributor

Hi, i am following the following link to run the iot-trucking-app demo, which requires hbase.

https://github.com/georgevetticaden/hdp/tree/master/reference-apps/iot-trucking-app

How are you creating the table? Are you using the hbase shell? Some java program? More context here, please.

Most likely, your Java classpath is incorrect. Remember that you need to add the directory containing that file to the classpath. E.g. you need to add /etc/hbase/conf/, not /etc/hbase/conf/hbase-site.xml.

Expert Contributor

Hi, yes im using hbase shell. After i create the table and then enter "list table" the error appears.