Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to configure Flume on the Hortonworks Sandbox?

Explorer

I am preparing the Hortonworks Certification Exam and need assistance configuring Flume on the hortonworks sandbox.

Essentially all I want to do is practice/complete the following tasks from the exam objectives:

• Given a Flume configuration file, start a Flume agent
  • Given a configured sink and source, configure a Flume memory channel with a specified capacity

I see how to start a Flume agent and configure a memory channel etc from the user guide, but you cannot do either of those without providing a configuration file. Unfortunately, I cannot find documentation/tutorials/assistance anywhere on how to set up the configuration file on the Sandbox. I know what needs to go in the configuration file from the user guide, but I can't seem to access the Flume root folder from the system shell so that I can edit the configuration file - thus making it impossible to accomplish the above task.

Does anyone know how this can be done - or, if I am missing something obvious? Or - if anyone knows any good walk through that don't assume prior knowledge of Flume - that would be wonderful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
3 REPLIES 3

Contributor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Explorer

Thanks @R c - this is perfect. My only issue is on the Hortonworks Sandbox on Azure- there doesn't seem to be a /user/hdp/current/flume-server/conf directory. Is this an error or an accidental deletion possible?

Contributor

It is not /user/hdp it is /usr/hdp/current or try to cd /usr/hdp/2.4.xxx/flume/ and look for a version number. This location is on local file system not on hdfs. As you are using sandbox it should be the same location.