Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to copy configurations of a stable cluster and apply them to a new cluster you are building ??

Expert Contributor

How to copy configurations of a stable cluster and apply them to a new cluster you are building ??

Here the data and jobs are the same on both the clusters...

I am doing an upgrade from HDP 2.1 to 2.5.3, I was wondering should i do a clean install or do hops of upgrade which is risky.

What are your experiences?

If I need to do a clean install, I want to copy the configurations and apply them to the new one.... how practical this is?

Any tools I can use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you are using Ambari to deploy, you can do an blueprint export and then use that to deploy a new cluster.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

If you are using Ambari to deploy, you can do an blueprint export and then use that to deploy a new cluster.

@PJ

Not sure if there is any direct mechanism to copy the configurations between the clusters. but you can Ambari and create a cluster using Ambari blueprints (It contains blueprints). once you have the blueprint you can create more clusters with same/similar configurations.

Expert Contributor

@smohanty

@apappu

I just checked that Ambari 1.6.0 Blueprnt doesn't support HA configuration, it is supported from Ambari 2.0 only ... Any other way around?

Explorer

Hi @PJ, Could you please share what you ended up using at the end?

Thanks