Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to create Nifi cluster in ubuntu?

How to create Nifi cluster in ubuntu?

New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I tried https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.1.2/bk_administration/content/clustering.html

the above steps for creating nifi cluster but I am unable to do so. So, could anyone please tell me the whole procedure how I can create Nifi cluster in ubuntu. Also, I have two virtual machines and I am trying to create cluster only for two nodes.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to create Nifi cluster in ubuntu?

New Contributor

Hello, you cannot create a NIFI cluster with only 2 nodes. You need 3 nodes (quorum). There is nothing specific to Ubuntu of my pov.

Start by creating a zookeeper cluster to get a 3 nodes (leader/follower/follower) configuration's working. Then install one nifi, connect it to zookeeper cluster (with nifi.properties and properties like nifi.zookeeper.connect.string) and start. Then install node 2 & 3, copy thd config/flow.xml.gz from 1 then start.

More details here : https://pierrevillard.com/2016/08/13/apache-nifi-1-0-0-cluster-setup/

(The full installation process can be more complicated if you need HTTPS, LDAP users etc).

New Contributor

Hello FZ,

When you said "Then install one nifi, connect it to zookeeper cluster (with nifi.properties and properties like nifi.zookeeper.connect.string) and start" then do I have to do the process of adding the connection string in all the "Follower" nodes or I have to only do it in the "leader node".

New Contributor

@FIRENZ

Also I am confused that I have 3 different virtual machine with 3 different IP addresses. And I followed the link which you sent me so is there any need to resolve the host because it's written over there node1, node 2, and node 3 with 3 different IP address. So please help.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here