Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to create Phoenix View on existing HBase table with dynamic/rolling Column Family Name

How to create Phoenix View on existing HBase table with dynamic/rolling Column Family Name

New Contributor

Hi Everybody,

i've got an existing hbase table with a rowkey consists of two numbers and a columnfamily (called d) .Within this column family there are several Columns which are a dates as running number followed by a character e.g. 20160808[c|s|m]. So how can i map the cf via a Create view-Statement or something else to read the data? I need something like a wildcard-mapping for the column family.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to create Phoenix View on existing HBase table with dynamic/rolling Column Family Name

can you explain your use-case with some data. Try to formulate in form of any DDL and SELECTs you are looking for?

Re: How to create Phoenix View on existing HBase table with dynamic/rolling Column Family Name

New Contributor

Hi,

i've got an hbase table created like this : create 'hbase_table',{NAME => 'd', BLOOMFILTER => 'NONE', VERSIONS = .......}. I've got only one column family. The java client which fills hbase generates a rowkey consisting of two numbers and stores several columns within the column family 'd'. The name of these columns are made of the actual date following by a character like this 20151119c. The name is stored binary. So if i run a scan in hbase shell i will get the following:

"NUMBER1NUMBER2" column=d:\x07\xE0\x07\x0Ds, timestamp=1472144870610, value=\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x04\xC7\xD3

Now i want to map the existing hbase table with phoenix with a view like:

create view "namespace:hbase_table" (A UNSIGNED_INT NOT NULL, B UNSIGNED_INT NOT NULL, "d".val VARCHAR(40) constraint pk_hbase_table PRIMARY_KEY(A,B); --> "val" stands for the running number with the caracter (

20151119c)

So i've heard that Phoenix have to match the correct Column-Name. So is it possible to match them like a wildcard ?