Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to create a cluster

Highlighted

How to create a cluster

Expert Contributor

Hi, i have installed the hortonworks sandbox. I want to use this as a master and would like to add a node to act as a slave. I have a CentOS virtual machine that i would like to use. I attempted to add a node through ambari but it failed. Is there a tutorial showing the neccessary steps to prepare the node to be added etc? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to create a cluster

Cloudera Employee

Hi! I don't know of a tutorial on adding nodes but what you have to do is meet all these requirements from the Ambari install manual http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.4.1.0/bk_ambari-installation/content/meet_minimum_...

It is important that things like iptables, selinux are stopped and disabled. I have added additional machines to the Sandbox image so it can be done.

Ron

Highlighted

Re: How to create a cluster

Expert Contributor

Hi, in that same link, do you have to install ambari-server or is the one pre installed in the sandbox the same thing? i have followed all of those requirements but it still keeps failing.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here