Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to delete a cluster in ambari or add further computers into the cluster?

How to delete a cluster in ambari or add further computers into the cluster?

New Contributor

Hello,

it is possible to delete cluster in ambari? I can only delete each service by step by step but the last service cannot be deleted.

Also I try to add further computers into the cluster, is it needed to install ambari server on each computer or is the agent enough.

How to establish the connection or to add the computer into the existing cluster?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: How to delete a cluster in ambari or add further computers into the cluster?

Super Collaborator

Hi @Jordan Pischimarov,

you can remove the last few components using the REST API,

curl -u <Abari adimn>:<admin password> -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X GET  http://AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/<cluster_name>/services/<SERVICENAME>;

more on the syntax can be found from here

you can get the SERVICENAMEs by just pasting http://AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/<CLUSTER_NAME>/services, please make sure that login to ambari UI once before you hit the above URL (to have the login cookie)

In along with that, to wipe out the entire configuration you can reset the ambari which takes to you go to the state that has just ambari.

syntax for that "ambari-server reset" -- highly not recommended until you know you are going to wipe out the entire cluster configuration.

To your second question :

just the agent is enough to install, and you can install the agent from the ambari-server UI ->Hosts -> Actions ->Add New Hosts

Hope this helps !!

Highlighted

Re: How to delete a cluster in ambari or add further computers into the cluster?

New Contributor

Hi @bkosaraju ,

thank you for your response.

So I try to add new Host but Registration failed, I think it is a connection problem so first I have to solve this. Than I would try it again. I was unsure if something else is needed.

best regards Jordan

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here