Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to delete some of records in hive table in hd insight cluster (blob) storage? these table are partitioned, using where condition we drop the partition but data still visible in qlik dashboard

Highlighted

How to delete some of records in hive table in hd insight cluster (blob) storage? these table are partitioned, using where condition we drop the partition but data still visible in qlik dashboard

Rising Star

I am using hdinsight cluster with hdp 2.4 , table are storage in hive (blob storage) and qlik sene dash board pulls the hive table data which are partitioned by year,zode.

unfortunately we got some unnecessary zone and year data ..how can i deleted this data

I have try to drop the particular partitions using zone and year , while trigger hive we cont get the data but this data still exist in qlik sense dash board

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to delete some of records in hive table in hd insight cluster (blob) storage? these table are partitioned, using where condition we drop the partition but data still visible in qlik dashboard

@rama you can not drop some data from partitioned table, you can drop a whole partitions. if table is not acid enabled then there is no way exists in hive to delete some data on where conditions.

Re: How to delete some of records in hive table in hd insight cluster (blob) storage? these table are partitioned, using where condition we drop the partition but data still visible in qlik dashboard

Rising Star

Thanks @Rajkumar Singh

Then what is solution for this..for qlik sense dashboard dont what some data which is getting from hive table?

@rama it could be a problem iwth qlik sense, if you drop a partition of the table and qlik view is still able to see the data from that partition. I m not sure how qlik sense work but you should try refreshing the view or regenerate view

Rising Star

Thank you once again@Rajkumar Singh

Can you tell me how to restore my drooping partition in hive table?

Is this correct process for recover old partitions MSCK REPAIR TABLE backup_db.bkp_table;

or is any other process is there?

We have using sqoop incremental for daily load into original table;

Hi @Rama. I believe that Qlik caches data. You will want to check that the Qlik cache is cleared - or that your Qlik results are refreshed/rebuilt. I'm not sure of the specific way to do that... but ensure that your Qlik data is "fresh."

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here