I want to disable all the components that are not essential from starting at Sandbox boot, for saving resources (mainly RAM), what is the best way to achive this? It is possible using Ambari UI?
I will be working with hdfs more than anything, that's why I think services like Oozie or Ranger are unnecessary at this time.
Please advise me on this, I will really appreciate it.
As you ar eusing HDP 2.6 which includes Amabri 2.5, In Ambari 2.5 we have feature to Enable or Disable the Auto Start for various services from ambari UI itself.
So you can try the following
1. Set the unwanted service Oozie/Ranger to Auto Start (Disabled)
2. Also set these services in Maintenance mode so even if they are down you wont receive any Alert for those services,https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-126.96.36.199/bk_ambari-operations/content/setting_maintenance_mode.html
@Jay SenSharma Thank you for your answer!
I comment you that I tried what you tell me with Ambari but I am experiencing some troubles:
1. First thing I noticed is that, contrary to what the documentation says, the Auto-Start Services was disabled in my Ambari. I set it on for manually disable each (non-essencial) service. But this seemed strange.
2. I disabled the following services through Ambari:
* Zeppelin Notebook
and after save and change to another tab in Ambari, if I returned to the Auto-Start Services section I noticed that some services were still configured enabled, these was:
I don't understand this behavior, should I assume that this are necessary for the correct running of the Sandbox and cannot (or should not) be disabled to start at boot?
3. After disable the services I tried restarting the VM to check, but now it doesn't finish to start. (At this moment it's been over an hour since I rebooted and it still does not end, before never took so much time)
Can you please explain this? I really don't understand... Is there any other way to save resource in the VM?
I noticed that this is in the wrong category, is supposed to be Sandbox/Learning, I don't know how it ended here in Hadoop Core. Can an admin or someone else change the category of this question?
Besides, will anyone else have the answer to this question?
I would appreciate any help, Thank you!