Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to enable Interactive Hive

How to enable Interactive Hive

New Contributor

There are a few manual steps required to complete the demo kit setup. I'm not understanding how to complete this step: From Ambari: enable/start Interactive Hive (the consent queries require Hive 2.x+)

I've been able to get the Ambari dashboard up and see a "Hive" selection on the left, when I click on it I get a screen that looks like an option to enable "Interactive Query". If I try to enable I then get a screen to select a node which looks to default to HiveServer2 Interactive, if I select this I then get a pop up that says Admin Session Expiration error , Missing KDC administrator credentials and prompts for Admin Principal and Admin Password.

Not sure what these are or where to find them.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to enable Interactive Hive

New Contributor

I was able to get past this problem by using the admin/admin and password listed in the setup script but the enabling of the Interactive Query and HiveServer2 Interactive server startup is now failing with an invalid config value of 0 (but the log won't tell me which one is invalid)

Re: How to enable Interactive Hive

New Contributor
Got past the KDC credentials issue by using the username and password specificed in the startup script but can't seem to get Interactive Query enabled. Failing with Invalid Configuration value of 0 but I can't seem to figure out which config value it's complaining about.

LLAP start command: /usr/hdp/current/hive-server2/bin/hive --service llap --size 1024m --startImmediately --name llap0 --cache 0m --xmx 9830m --loglevel INFO --output /var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp/llap-yarn-service_2018-09-21_16-59-33 --user hive --service-placement 4 --skiphadoopversion --skiphbasecp --instances 0 --logger query-routing --service-keytab-dir .yarn/keytabs/hive/ --service-keytab hive.service.keytab --service-principal hive/horton1.ibm-cosmos.com@HWX.COM --args " -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:TLABSize=8m -XX:+ResizeTLAB -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=70 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:MetaspaceSize=1024m"
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/3.0.1.0-187/hive/lib/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.10.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/3.0.1.0-187/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory]
WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.stats.fetch.partition.stats does not exist
WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.heapsize does not exist
WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.druid.select.distribute does not exist
Failed: Invalid configuration: 0 (should be greater than 0)
org.apache.commons.cli.ParseException: Invalid configuration: 0 (should be greater than 0)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.llap.cli.LlapOptionsProcessor$LlapOptions.<init>(LlapOptionsProcessor.java:100)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.llap.cli.LlapOptionsProcessor.processOptions(LlapOptionsProcessor.java:371)
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here