Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to get "CDH 5 backported code for Hive 0.13.0"

Highlighted

How to get "CDH 5 backported code for Hive 0.13.0"

New Contributor

I read Justin's article  when we had an issue with CDH 5 while testing our UDFs. Our tests were failing due to some serialization issues while instantiating our classes with built-in Kryo.

Our tests have been failing with Kryo serialization exception when we had been testing with CDH 5. We noticed that Hive 0.13.0 fixed under Hive-5279 for Kryo instantiation issue. While I was doing some research I found Justin's article. It was very glad that you guys already back ported CDH 5 to Hive 0.13.0. I am sure it should have included HIVE-5279 bug fix too.

Please advise me where we can get the latest CDH 5 with back ported code for Hive 0.13.0.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks
D

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to get "CDH 5 backported code for Hive 0.13.0"

Explorer

Hey D,

HIVE-5279 was, in fact, backported to the patched version of Hive 0.12 that ships with CDH 5.0.0. You can see all of the patches that we backported in the CHANGES.txt file for CDH 5.0.0.

For instructions on installing CDH 5.0.0, check out the CDH 5 Installation Guide.

Regards,

Jeff

Highlighted

Re: How to get "CDH 5 backported code for Hive 0.13.0"

New Contributor
Hello Jeff
Thanks for your quick response. We have EC2 instance and installed from the below link.
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM5/latest/Cloudea-Manager-Installati...
Are there any differences from EC2 version vs from the link what you provided. Your link has all varieties of Tars.
We see Kryo error still in our instance. How can I upgrade my instance with Hive libraties from your link.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
D

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here