Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to give a User to view and run PIG alone from ambari?

Highlighted

How to give a User to view and run PIG alone from ambari?

Explorer

Hi,

I created a new user and given permissions to access HIVE and PIG instance, initially when i was running the HIVE for first time it throws error and i given the permission as ambari for one time access and then removed the ambari admin access, the HIVE starts for the user and similarly i tried for PIG but still it shows the same error

7098-qnmwz.png

Thanks in advance, i am a new to administration level, please guide me if i am wrong.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: How to give a User to view and run PIG alone from ambari?

Expert Contributor
Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks for the quick reply, i followed those steps only. But still i am facing the same issue. Please find the screenshot attached

7099-screencapture-192-168-1-189-8080-views-admin-view.png

Highlighted

Explorer

@Manikandan give an view access on Dashboard to the user and see if this gets resolved. If it does not paste the entire stack of the error. Because the RA040 is very generic error need to check whole stack to debug further.

Explorer
Below is the Full Stack i have got 

7100-stact-full.png

Highlighted

Explorer

looks like this is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-12732 @Manikandan

hence the workaround is to give the view permission of the ambari dashboard to the local user by which you are trying to run the view.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here