Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to install HUE within HDP2.4 on Windows?

Highlighted

How to install HUE within HDP2.4 on Windows?

New Contributor

Hi there,

I have a single node Windows cluster running HDP2.4 and would like to run HUE for this server.

Is there any possibility to install HUE on this Windows server or can I install HUE on another Linux box/VM and connect it to the Windows HDP2.4?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to install HUE within HDP2.4 on Windows?

Hi @Calvin Hung

What are you using Hue for?

New Contributor

Hi @Ryan Cicak ,

Currently I have two MapReduce jobs doing the same thing with different approaches, and I would like to run both jobs through HUE for visualizing the execution process and also comparing the execution times with HUE UI.

However, my jobs are linked to a native library compiled as Windows DLL, thus I can't move the jobs to Linux.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hi @Calvin Hung

I understand your dilemma (I asked about the use case for Hue - to see if you could use the functionality in Ambari instead). There is a great visual tool for Tez (Tez View in Ambari) but since you are using MapReduce, this won't help.

Sure - lets install Hue. Following these instructions, you'll see that Hue is not support with CentOS 7, Ubuntu or Debian. It is supported for

• CentOS 6
  • Oracle Linux 6
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
  • SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11, SP3/SP4

I'm hoping you have one of these Linux OS' installed.

Let me know if you have any trouble installing.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here