Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to make ambari forget about decommissioned host from Ambari Metric server?

Expert Contributor

I have decommissioned one node from my cluster.I included that host name in dfs.exclude, and yarn.exclude. Still ambari is showing as dead node. How to make ambari forget about the decommissioned host from cluster?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

You have to decommission and then delete that node and stop the agent. it may require restart of services. @Ram D

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

You have to decommission and then delete that node and stop the agent. it may require restart of services. @Ram D

Expert Contributor

Thank you @Artem Ervits

Master Mentor
@Ram D

Please see the official doc on decommission process http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.0.0/bk_Ambari_Users_Guide/content/_how_to_decomm...

If you are using Ambari to manage the cluster then Don't decomsission manually.

Contributor

I face the same problem, the alert with dead nodes doesn't clear.

The nodes were decommissioned and removed from the cluster, ambari agent is not running and i also ran the refreshnodes command.

Which services may require restart?

Thanks

Expert Contributor
@Paula Morais

I got the solution for this. After decommissioning the node, first you need to check /etc/hosts file whether decommissioned host is present or not on Name node host. I am sure, it will be there, try to delete that decommissioned host name and restart Namenodes, later check /etc/hosts file. You need to restart the HDFS and Mapreduce i believe, anyway it will show you on ambari dash board which services need to be restarted. Thank you and let me know it is worked for you or not. It worked for me.