Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to navigate within Atlas? How to create tags, search, etc

How to navigate within Atlas? How to create tags, search, etc

Contributor

I installed Apache Atlas via Ambari but am not seeing the same options I do in this technical workshop (looks like the version has changed). I am unable to see any buttons to add tags, modify existing, or any operation other than view a couple of the tables I have in Hive. I have attached a picture of what I see. In the workshop there were some buttons in the upper right for Search, Tags, Help, and About but I don't see any of them here.

3276-apache-atlas.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: How to navigate within Atlas? How to create tags, search, etc

New Contributor

Hi @Mark Thorson - it is likely that the workshop used a later version of Atlas than what you are running. The ability to create tags and associate tags through the UI was introduced in Atlas 0.6. The version of Atlas that shipped with HDP 2.3 is Atlas 0.5 where this functionality is not available through the UI. Note that Atlas 0.6 will not be made available in an HDP release. Atlas 0.7 (currently in flight) will be included in the next version of HDP which includes a considerably more user friendly UI with a host of additional functionality.

However, in Atlas 0.5 it is possible to perform the tag creation step and tag/entity associate through the REST API if that is something that you are interested in.

Re: How to navigate within Atlas? How to create tags, search, etc

Contributor

Thanks for the quick and correct answer @ebergenholtz! I have HDP 2.3 and installed Atlas 0.5 without the functionality in the UI. I think I will wait until the functionality is available in the UI but appreciate you pointing out the REST API association ability.