Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to point to a new scm database

Highlighted

How to point to a new scm database

New Contributor

I was installing cloudera with MariaDb 5.5 version. I have completed only cluster installation, services are not yet installed. Parcels are just downloaded and distributed on all nodes.

Now the requirement is to use a different database for scm. What would be the best approach to follow to move to a new database.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: How to point to a new scm database

Contributor

What's the database you need to migrate to?

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

As this is only CM installation completed but no CDH cluster created already, it may be simpler to just start with an empty database for CM (and CMS services where needed) instead of migrating the current database. See instructions provided in the product documentation

Highlighted

New Contributor

New Database would be Mariadb again on a different host. I can prepare the scm database.

But the main concern is since the parcels got activated on all the hosts now already, will there be a problem when I start installation again using new scm-DB.

Hence I was thinking of deactivating the parcels before I start with the new installation. Does this sound right ?

Note: There is no need to migrate any data from old Db to new DB

New Contributor

Hi i don't understand if you already have install CDH.

Therefore here the link to migrate postgres embedded to other database (mysql,oracle), refer to the many link in the document before proceed.

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-16-x/topics/cm_ag_migrate_postgres_db_to_oracle_...

Anyway , may attention to license of the database you are installing.

If you don't install the CDH at this point, you can refer to the link 

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/6.2/topics/prepare_cm_database.html#cmig_topic_5...  (change to you correct version)

br

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here