Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to provide user based authentication in Zeppelin?

Highlighted

How to provide user based authentication in Zeppelin?

Expert Contributor

Hello guys,

I am newbie to zeppelin and known some basics of zeppelin such as

1) executing hive queries through hive interpreter and there are also some other interpreters available for data exploration.

2)data visualization by bar graph/pie chart.

First of all let me know you that am using zeppelin (version 0.6).I want something like user-based authentication within zeppelin,On websites everyone is saying this feature is in incubating state but still there are some link available, from where we can do some configuration changes in zeppelin to have user-based authentication.

I am following below link for this feature,

Link:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/blob/master/SECURITY-README.md

Problem:

I followed whole steps given in that document but when I am sets property "zeppelin.anonymous.allowed" to false suddenly,I don't able to see existing notebooks of zeppelin.

Questions:

1)what are the security features available in zeppelin currently?

2)Can we implement user-based authentication in zeppelin version 0.6?

3)Once we follow above link,How would I check whether authentication has been enabled?/How do I login to zeppelin with that user.I meant,Is there any zeppelin login window ? because I haven't seen such a window anywhere?

One thing I forgot to mention that I am not pulling new fresh zepellin code from link actually I want this feature in my current zeppelin version.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/53

Thank you advance.

Please help me.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: How to provide user based authentication in Zeppelin?

Super Guru

@Manoj Dhake

please take a look at this HCC post. It speak to zeppelin ldap authentication. You can also download a VM and follow the turtorial on HWX site here.

Highlighted

Super Guru

@Manoj Dhake Zeppelin kerberos integration is done via livy server. please take a look here.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Thanks sunile,

But Right now I want user-based authentication in zeppelin for that I am using below link so do you know something about it.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/blob/master/SECURITY-README.md

Highlighted

Super Guru

@Manoj Dhake have you tried with ldap authentication? article here. ldap is user-based authentication. what exacty are you looking for?

Highlighted

Contributor

I would recommend to test it on IE and also verify that you don't have a pop up blocked in IE. I think it should work then.After changing these settings ,please restart the IE.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here