Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to put RDBMS data to hive using nifi

How to put RDBMS data to hive using nifi

New Contributor

78560-puthivestreaming2.png

Hi

I want to load mysql data to Hive. I used the following processor

QueryDatabaseTable -> PutHiveStreaming

In QueryDatabaseTable the database Connection Pooling service used is DBCPconnectionPool. In PuthiveStreaming the HiveMetastoreURI I given is thrift://myownIP:9083

and created a ORC table in hive

CREATE TABLE employeeacid (empno int, ename string,job string, mgr int,hiredate string, sal int, comm int, deptno int) CLUSTERED BY(empno) INTO 3 BUCKETS STORED AS ORC TBLPROPERTIES ('transactional'='true');

while running the error I am getting is

putHiveStreaming[id....] Error writing[org.apache.nifi.processors.hive.putHivestreaming...] to Hivestreaming transaction due to java.lang.illegalArgumentException:java.net.UnknownHostException:quickstart.cloudera:java.lang.illegalArgumentException:

I refered this link "https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/87686/rdbms-to-hive-using-nifi-small-medium-tables.html"

@Ryan Cicak Could any one please advise on this.

78559-puthivestreaming1.png

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to put RDBMS data to hive using nifi

Can you share your PutHiveStreaming configuration? Are you using a core-site.xml or hdfs-site.xml as resources to the processor? If so, does it refer to "quickstart.cloudera" anywhere? Also what version of CDH Hive are you connecting to?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here