Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to recommission Cloudera Manager host (End Maintenance) from CLI of SCM host?

How to recommission Cloudera Manager host (End Maintenance) from CLI of SCM host?

Explorer

Hi. I just stopped all services and entered maintenance mode on all managed hosts to perform a restart on all my VMs. Upon restart, Cloudera Manager doesn't want to be recommissioned (after starting cloudera manager service). What's the command to recommission the CM host? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: How to recommission Cloudera Manager host (End Maintenance) from CLI of SCM host?

Guru
Sorry @Cl0ck

It is not clear to me what the issue was. Did you manage to restart CM successfully? Were you trying to recommission host/services? What do you mean recommission CM host?

Can you share screenshot to understand more on the current situation?

Thanks
Eric
Highlighted

Re: How to recommission Cloudera Manager host (End Maintenance) from CLI of SCM host?

Explorer

I ended up loading up an older snapshot on vCenter to fix it. Prior to the issue, I had stopped the CM service roles (Host monitor, alerts, etc), and put the CM host into maintenance mode. (I have Cloudera Manager as a managed host in my list of All Hosts).

Upon restarting my VMs (with all hosts managed by CM), the VM with CM booted up, and the cloudera-scm service was on, but it would not allow me to connect to the WebUI, so I guess it was in a decommissioned state still at that point. I wanted to know how make it exit maintenance mode (and allow me to connect to the WebUI again).

It's worth it to note that still, after using parcels to update all other managed hosts to CDH 6.3.2, my CM host is still showing that it has no version of CDH installed, and I can't distribute and update to 6.3.2 while it functions as the Manager of the CDH. It's running 6.3.0 currently. Does the CM server need to be part of the CDH? I mean, the service roles are working just fine on it, and it's connected and heartbeating, but for whatever reason it doesn't think it has CDH running.

Dunno!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here