Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to recover password for sandbox?

How to recover password for sandbox?

New Contributor

How can I recover the password of my sandbox? Its been a while since I used it and I don't recollect the password.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: How to recover password for sandbox?

Mentor

@Rohit Sodhi

It depends on the version the of the Sandbox passwords have changed a couple of times!

Highlighted

New Contributor

Sorry for missing out on that detail. My sandbox version is: HDP 2.3.2. I remember resetting the password the first time but haven't used it since then and now I can't login as I don't remember the pwd.

Highlighted

Mentor

@Rohit Sodhi

HDP sandbox 2.3 default password--- root/hadoop

Highlighted

New Contributor

Geoffrey,

I have tried and it doesn't work. After the first login, the sandbox requests for a password change which I did long ago and now I don't remember the changed password. Is there a way I can recover or reset this?

Highlighted

Mentor

@Rohit Sodhi

If it allows you to lo

Log on as root at the terminal prompt.

# username root 
passwd hadoop 
Changing password for root 
Enter the current root password. ... 
Then type your new password 
re-type new password 

The you will see a prompt password successfully change !!! I always create a second account with id 0

Highlighted

New Contributor

I have a similar issue the root/hadoop does'nt work ..if keeps prompting to enter the password and after few unsuccessful attempts it closes the session . PLease help as am stuck , I need to access the sandbox 2.3.2 to continue . How to reset the root password .

Highlighted

New Contributor

@Rohit Sodhi so were you able to recover your root account? I'm having the same problem

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here