Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to refresh flume agent configure without restart flume using ambari

Expert Contributor

I use ambari install a flume agent on a node, and the regular way is restart flume using ambari.

But I know flume can reload configure automatic without restart.

But in ambari,I don't how to.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I found that :

I can refresh flume configs through "HOSTS --> select the host which flume configs need to fresh --> select refresh configure from drop down menu " to refresh configure file and not restart the flume agent.

But the problem is on the service and host dash board,it will show you "Host needs 1 component restarted"...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You can use the "Refresh configs" option under the Service Actions dropdown on the Flume configs page. This will only refresh the configs and not restart Flume service. Flume agent process periodically polls for any changes to the agent config and will reload the changed config file automatically.

Expert Contributor
@Deepesh

I try to use refresh configure of flume service,But actually,It restart the flume process.

So,I think IT WAS NOT what I want.

Master Mentor

@darkz yu

Any service configuration changes that we make from Ambari UI, takes effect only when we restart those effected service components or clients/agents. During the restart the new configuration changes are pushed to the service components or clients/agents . Refresh Configuration also does the same thing (restarts the affected components)

Expert Contributor

So what I want is how to refresh configure without restart the flume process ,because we use it in product environment as the title mentioned

Contributor

You can edit flume.conf directly and the running agent will reconfigure itself without restart. The default location of the configuration file is: /etc/flume/conf/{agent_name}/flume.conf. However these changes will not be visible in Ambari and next time you restart Flume from Ambari then it will overwrite your manual changes with the stale config.

Expert Contributor

I found that :

I can refresh flume configs through "HOSTS --> select the host which flume configs need to fresh --> select refresh configure from drop down menu " to refresh configure file and not restart the flume agent.

But the problem is on the service and host dash board,it will show you "Host needs 1 component restarted"...