Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to remove configuration setting on Hbase?

Highlighted

How to remove configuration setting on Hbase?

New Contributor

Currently I have a table with settings that look like this:

hbase(main):020:0> describe 'my_table'
Table my_table is ENABLED                                                                                                                                                                      
hdfs_storage_metadata, {CONFIGURATION => {'kafka.notification.broker' => 'kafka:6667,kafka1:6667,kafka2:6667', 'kafka.notification.health.topic
' => 'Kafka-topic', 'kafka.some.topic' => 'some-coprocessor'}}                                                                                                                  
COLUMN FAMILIES DESCRIPTION                                                                                                                                                                                 
{NAME => 'm', BLOOMFILTER => 'ROW', VERSIONS => '1', IN_MEMORY => 'false', KEEP_DELETED_CELLS => 'FALSE', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'NONE', TTL => 'FOREVER', COMPRESSION => 'SNAPPY', MIN_VERSIONS => '0', BLO
CKCACHE => 'true', BLOCKSIZE => '65536', REPLICATION_SCOPE => '1'} 

However, I am trying to enable cross-cluster replication and am getting an error because my configuration settings are not the same for these tables. I need to remove the CONFIGURATIONsetting, but I cannot find a method with which to do it. I have looked at the documentation and have tried

alter 'my_table', METHOD => 'table_att_unset',NAME => 'CONFIGURATION'

But I get that CONFIGURATION cannot be found. From the hbase-shell documentation, I tried

alter 'my_table', METHOD => 'table_conf_unset',NAME => 'CONFIGURATION'

But got that table_conf_unset could not be found. Is this something I can even do? I am not sure what other methods are possible.

I am running hbase version 1.1.2.2.6.0.3-8.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to remove configuration setting on Hbase?

Hi @Nick Predey!
I'm not very used to Hbase, but could you share the error that you're getting from hbase-shell?

New Contributor

I get the error: `Could not find attribute: kafka.notification.broker`. It seems that the setting `CONFIGURATION` cannot be found for some reason.

you can unset each configuration separately like this:-

alter 'my_table', METHOD => 'table_conf_unset', NAME => 'kafka.notification.broker'

alter 'my_table', METHOD => 'table_conf_unset', NAME => 'kafka.notification.health.topic'

alter 'my_table', METHOD => 'table_conf_unset', NAME => 'kafka.some.topic'

New Contributor

When I do this, I get `Could not find attribute: kafka.notification.broker`.

can you try 'table_conf_unset' instead of 'table_att_unset', I just updated my answer.

New Contributor

With that I get `Unknown method: table_conf_unset`. I am not sure if that is because of my version or not.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here