I changed root password at very first time but it was a quite long time and now I forgot that password.
So can anyone help me to reset it again in hdp 2.4
1. Go to grub menu
2. Select line starting with kernel and press e
3. In next screen add s at end of line and press enter.
4. In next screen press b which will log you in as root without password.
5. Change password using passwd.
When you restart the sandbox you will see the VMware BIOS Screen just before OS starts and then press and hold the Shift key and the Grub Boot Menu should appear.
The complete steps to reset root password for sandbox is
1. start your VM
2. press f12 to go to grub menu
3. press e
4. select the second line "kernel /vmlinuz-2.632 ...."
5. press again e
6. add s at end of line (<consoleblank=0 quiet s)and press enter.
7. press b which will log you in as root without password.
8. Change password using passwd. Be carrefull, you are in qwerty mode
9. press exit and press entrer