Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How to restore data from dfs local directory

Highlighted

How to restore data from dfs local directory

Explorer

Hi,

I got a zip that contains dfs directory. this directory contains following directory

data name namesecondary

Now if i open name or namesecondary they contain current directory with files like "edits_0000000000000000001-0000000000000000004" "edits_inprogress_0000000000000000005" "fsimage_0000000000000000000" "VERSION" etc etc

Data directory contains current directory and then more files and directories in that.

Look like this is dump of some hadoop directories

Now question is how to retrieve files from this. i guess this is some sort of hadoop archive and i need to restore it

Please help me out

Thanks

Shahzad

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: How to restore data from dfs local directory

@Shahzad Aslam

It looks like that zip files has namespace data. I am not sure what will be the use of this if you are trying to restore in different cluster.

There was a situation when few edit logs were missing and namenode did not come up. I used the same setup to restore edit logs to catchup with txn id mentioned in name node logs.

Highlighted

Explorer

this is the same comment i posted accedently above

absolutely no idea about this this is part of challenge i got from a potential employer and i don't want to ask him how to get challenge files from there as it look like this is part of challenge that how i retrieve information from there. it look like that i need to restore it with new hadoop installation administration is not what i am good in so step to do so will be highly appreciated

Shahzad