Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to review Kerberos settings In Ambari

Expert Contributor

Once a cluster is Kerberized through the Ambari Kerberos Wizard, how can I review or potentially make changes to the settings, such as KDC server, LDAP URL, admin principal & etc., at a later time? It appears the only option is to disable Kerberos and go through the Kerberos Wizard again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
5 REPLIES 5

hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Expert Contributor

Thanks Robert for the information. configs.py helped, I agree it would be nice if we could edit KDC, DN, LDAP URL & etc. in Ambari.

I am glad the configs.py worked for you. I had issues getting it to work properly in Ambari 2.4.2.

Note: the config.py example is for the new (currently unreleased) Ambari 2.5.0. For older versions of Ambari, use the config.sh script at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh. For example:

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh -u admin -p admin -port 8080 get localhost c1 kerberos-env

To set a configuration property, issue a command like

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh -u admin -p admin -port 8080 set localhost c1 kerberos-env ldap_url "ldaps://newhost.example.com:636"

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Explorer

There are properties that are set under both - service level configurations and under Admin -- Kerberos configurations, such as yarn.admin.acl 

What if the two properties point to different values, which properties does the service pick when required?