Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to set hbase-site.xml in Eclipse classpath, cluster is kerberos secured

Highlighted

How to set hbase-site.xml in Eclipse classpath, cluster is kerberos secured

New Contributor

We are using HDP 2.4.2 and the cluster is secured using Kerberos authentication. Since its a secured cluster, we cannot connect to HBase from Eclipse. It seems we need to add hbase-site.xml in Eclipse class path, how do i add that?

I tried adding this hbase-site.xml, hdfs-site.xml and core-site.xml as source folder, but still its not establishing the connection to Hbase.
Also tried to add this files as External class folder for the project, but none of this working.

Is there anyway, i can specify the hbase-site.xml file location in sqlContext option? or how to solve this issue?

Because of this every time we are building the jar and deploying it in cluster using spark-submit.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to set hbase-site.xml in Eclipse classpath, cluster is kerberos secured

Super Collaborator

In Run properties you can find tab 'Classpath'. Using 'Advanced' button add the directories that contain conf files (only directories, but not files themselves). Another way is to set HBASE_CONF_DIR and HADOOP_CONF_DIR in the environment.

Re: How to set hbase-site.xml in Eclipse classpath, cluster is kerberos secured

New Contributor

@ssoldatov

Thanks so much, i will try it and update you.. For first option i need download the hdfs-site.xml, core-site.xml and hbase-site.xml to my windows box and put those files on some folder and add that folder in the classpath.. for the second option, i need to download entire conf directory of HBASE and HADOOP and then add it in the environment.. is my understanding correct?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here