Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to set phoenix.schema.isNamespaceMappingEnabled property when connecting to phoenix-sqlline.py

Highlighted

How to set phoenix.schema.isNamespaceMappingEnabled property when connecting to phoenix-sqlline.py

New Contributor

I have CDH on Linux machines and recently upgraded it to CDH 6.2. (HBase from 1.2 to 2.1 and Phoenix from 4.7 to 5.1)

After the upgrade, Phoenix does not create the system tables with proper mapping information with the existing tables in HBase, and therefore, I cannot see/query from the existing HBase tables.

The following link shows that I can set the phoenix.schema.isNamespaceMappingEnabled property on both server and client sides for the mapping.

https://phoenix.apache.org/namspace_mapping.html

I've set the property on HBase configuration, but how do I set it in phoenix client side?

Is there any way for me to pass on the property value when starting phoenix-sqlline.py?

FYI, I have tried from DBeaver using phoenix client jar as the driver, but it doesn't create system tables at all when connecting for the first time.
Any suggestions I can try either from DBeaver or phoenix-sqlline.py?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here