Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to setup high availability for lily Hbase indexer

Rising Star

I'm looking for a solution to make the Hbase lily indexer high Availabile.

Thanks 😃

tazimehdi.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

I Finally found an answer, In the HBase lily indexer there is no single point of failure, the simple fact of running multiple instances is sufficient and will also share the work of indexing over the nodes cause it's based on the hbase replication.

tazimehdi.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor
@Mehdi TAZI

Lily indexing is based on SOLR. You can look into the option of SOLR Cloud.

Rising Star

Yes the solr nodes can be managed in a one to be HA, but i'm more asking about the lily nodes.

tazimehdi.com

@Mehdi TAZI Lily is not an HDP product, it was contributed by Ngdata. You should reach out to their mailing list for any HA advice? You may have to come up with your own HA for it, then you should certainly share your docs here for the best of the community! As far as HBase, make sure you run multiple master servers. Here is how you can setup HBase Master HA.

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.2.1/bk_Ambari_Users_Guide/content/_hbase_high_av...

Rising Star

I Finally found an answer, In the HBase lily indexer there is no single point of failure, the simple fact of running multiple instances is sufficient and will also share the work of indexing over the nodes cause it's based on the hbase replication.

tazimehdi.com

Master Mentor

you can earn points and build a great reputation on this site if you can write a short article and post it. I am sure there are a lot of customers that would be interested in the same @Mehdi TAZI