Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to skip first column of data while loading the data from HDFS file to Hive table.,How to skip first column of data while loading data from HDFS to HIVE Table

Highlighted

How to skip first column of data while loading the data from HDFS file to Hive table.,How to skip first column of data while loading data from HDFS to HIVE Table

New Contributor

I have the below mentioned columns in my HDFS file.

Exchange STRING, Ticker STRING, Date TIMESTAMP, Open DECIMAL, High DECIMAL, Low DECIMAL, Close DECIMAL, Volume INT, Adjclose DECIMAL.

Now, i need to load the HDFS file to hive table but i do not need first column "Exchange".

Is it possible to load the data from HDFS file in this passion.

I have the below mentioned columns in my HDFS file.

Exchange STRING, Ticker STRING, Date TIMESTAMP, Open DECIMAL, High DECIMAL, Low DECIMAL, Close DECIMAL, Volume INT, Adjclose DECIMAL.

Now, i need to load the HDFS file to hive table but i do not need first column "Exchange".

Is it possible to load the data from HDFS file in this passion ?

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to skip first column of data while loading the data from HDFS file to Hive table.,How to skip first column of data while loading data from HDFS to HIVE Table

@chandrasekhar dandiit is better if you create a stage table and import all the column into it, then create destination table using create table dest_table as select col2,col3... from stage_table;