Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to ssh and scp from Mac terminal to HDF sandbox

How to ssh and scp from Mac terminal to HDF sandbox

Explorer

Hi,

I am able to ssh using localhost:4200. How can I ssh from a Mac terminal window? Also how can I scp from Mac terminal?

Thanks

Ganesh

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: How to ssh and scp from Mac terminal to HDF sandbox

Mentor

@TVGanesh 

Please loo at this tutorial  accessing sandbox from Mac with ssh

Highlighted

Mentor

@TVGanesh 

Any updates? Do you still need help? Else if it worked please take some time and log in accept the answer the thread can be closed and referenced by other members facing the same issue.

Highlighted

Explorer

Yes. I only can from browser http://localhost:4200. I am unable to this from a terminal on Mac as

ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 4200

I get permission denied.

Also I would like to know how I can scp from a terminal to HDF or vice versa.

I tried scp <file> root@127.0.0.1:/ .   <ip address of laptop>:/

I get connection refused

Highlighted

Mentor

@TVGanesh 

I think there is a problem with your command,[scp <file> root@127.0.0.1:/ . <ip address of laptop>:/ ] try to revise your SCP command. I am trying to reproduce your situation  with 2 hosts one running MobaXterm  [Left] and the other Putty [Right]

ifconfig01.PNG

I have just attached a screenshot below of the sequence and command. I have illustrated it with 2 hosts Simba [Left] and Yumbe [ Right], I am copying the file host_names_changes.json from Simba /root to Yumbe /root directory note the command

ifconfig03.PNG

simba~]# scp host_names_changes.json root@192.168.0.138:/root  so the format is 

scp  <file_name>  user@<FQDN or IP>:/<Destination_directory>

The connection is established and once I confirm the root password of the destination host the file is copied. When I finally check on the destination

yumbe~]# ll
and the timestamp confirms that the file host_names_changes.json was indeed copied from Simba to Yumbe  which would represent your Mac  and HDF 

Reference:

https://www.cloudera.com/tutorials/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hdp-sandbox.html

ifconfig04.PNG

Does that answer you?

Highlighted

Explorer

@Shelton- Thanks. Let me give it a try. Will get back to you.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here