Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to start Elasticsearch in HCP-Ambari-Mpack-1.1.0.0.71 with HDP 2.5

How to start Elasticsearch in HCP-Ambari-Mpack-1.1.0.0.71 with HDP 2.5

New Contributor

38540-elasticsearch-2.png

I have configured a HDP Cluster with HCP. I have look through the HDP that have Elasticsearch (elasticsearch 2.3.3) installed in it as below. I want to ask how to start the elasticsearch service existed in HDP ?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to start Elasticsearch in HCP-Ambari-Mpack-1.1.0.0.71 with HDP 2.5

Rising Star

If you installed Metron with the Ambari MPack, then Elasticsearch should be just another service in Ambari. A service that can be started and stopped like any other using the Start/Stop GUI buttons in the admin interface.

New Contributor

Alright thanks Nallen :-)

Expert Contributor

@nallen True, but i registered HCP 1.5.0 ambari mpack on HDP 2.6.5.0 getting option to install only metron, no option to add kibana and elasticsearch.

Highlighted

Rising Star

Since my original comment (from Sept 2017), we have split-out the Metron Mpack from the Elasticsearch MPack. They are now separate packs that each need installed into Ambari.

Once you install the Elasticsearch MPack, you will be given the option to install and manage Elasticsearch and Kibana from Ambari.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here