Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

How to start a Lily HBase NRT Indexer Service in Cloudera 5.9.3

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted

How to start a Lily HBase NRT Indexer Service in Cloudera 5.9.3

Contributor

Hi,

I have followed the steps from the below document

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-9-x/topics/search_config_hbase_indexer_for_searc...

Upto the topic "Pointing a Lily HBase NRT Indexer Service at an HBase Cluster that Needs to Be Indexed" 

are fine.

I have successfully configured  and skipped the topic "Configuring Lily HBase Indexer Security". since I dont have kerberous and sentry enabled cluster.

and continued  with the next topic  "Starting a Lily HBase NRT Indexer Service"

Actually I stuck here.

How do i start the Lily HBase NRT Indexer Service from cloudera or from machines.

When I executed with the below command to verify the current hbase-solr-indexer service status in each host

service hbase-solr-indexer status

It says "hbase-solr-indexer: unrecognized service"

even i checked with jps command

sudo jps -lm

there is no process in the name of 

com.ngdata.hbaseindexer.Main 

I am really confused that the hbase-solr-indexer is one like role instances of hbase service.

Thanks & Regards,

J.Ganesh Kumar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to start a Lily HBase NRT Indexer Service in Cloudera 5.9.3

Master Guru
The command is only for non-Cloudera-Manager deployments like the documentation notes:

"""
In non-managed deployments, you can start a Lily HBase Indexer Daemon manually on the local host with the following command:

sudo service hbase-solr-indexer restart
"""

If you use Cloudera Manager then just add a new Service from the Clusters page of the type "Key-Value Store Indexer" shown in the new service list. Then proceed with configuring it from CM and starting it.
1 REPLY 1

Re: How to start a Lily HBase NRT Indexer Service in Cloudera 5.9.3

Master Guru
The command is only for non-Cloudera-Manager deployments like the documentation notes:

"""
In non-managed deployments, you can start a Lily HBase Indexer Daemon manually on the local host with the following command:

sudo service hbase-solr-indexer restart
"""

If you use Cloudera Manager then just add a new Service from the Clusters page of the type "Key-Value Store Indexer" shown in the new service list. Then proceed with configuring it from CM and starting it.