Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How to start flume agent using ambari?

How to start flume agent using ambari?

New Contributor

I can't find on ambari-web where I can start or stop separate flume agent. As I understand I can only start/stop flume service and not single agent.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to start flume agent using ambari?

@Roman Sydorov Very good question

You can configure agent by clicking configure agent and then save, restart

929-screen-shot-2015-12-18-at-82034-am.png

http://cleverowl.uk/2015/09/30/ingesting-files-wit...

@Neeraj Sabharwal, I also have tried to do this data loading tactic suggested by you on http://cleverowl.uk/2015/09/30/ingesting-files-with-apache-flume/ but when I checked the list in the /stage direcotry. I can't find a single file even though in source directory file extension changed to .COMPLETED

Mentor

@Roman Sydorov you cannot start multiple flume agents with Ambari. You can start them using command line.

New Contributor

@Artem Ervits You can start multiple agents with ambari using "Configure Agents" link.

ambari-flume.png

Expert Contributor

install flume and config , on the right of the config tab ,there is a "Configure Agents" link

Explorer

Hi 

I created agent using configuration link. I did restart the flume services, but the agent not exists in UI . The created agent exists in /etc/flume/conf

And its working successfully

Any idea how to make the agent appear in the fllume agent list in UI

Thank you

Community Manager

@Ham As this is an older post you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also provide the opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in providing a more accurate answer to your question. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum