Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to start flume agent using ambari?

Highlighted

How to start flume agent using ambari?

New Contributor

I can't find on ambari-web where I can start or stop separate flume agent. As I understand I can only start/stop flume service and not single agent.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: How to start flume agent using ambari?

@Roman Sydorov Very good question

You can configure agent by clicking configure agent and then save, restart

929-screen-shot-2015-12-18-at-82034-am.png

http://cleverowl.uk/2015/09/30/ingesting-files-wit...

@Neeraj Sabharwal, I also have tried to do this data loading tactic suggested by you on http://cleverowl.uk/2015/09/30/ingesting-files-with-apache-flume/ but when I checked the list in the /stage direcotry. I can't find a single file even though in source directory file extension changed to .COMPLETED

Highlighted

Mentor

@Roman Sydorov you cannot start multiple flume agents with Ambari. You can start them using command line.

Highlighted

New Contributor

@Artem Ervits You can start multiple agents with ambari using "Configure Agents" link.

ambari-flume.png

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

install flume and config , on the right of the config tab ,there is a "Configure Agents" link

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi 

I created agent using configuration link. I did restart the flume services, but the agent not exists in UI . The created agent exists in /etc/flume/conf

And its working successfully

Any idea how to make the agent appear in the fllume agent list in UI

Thank you

Highlighted

Community Manager

@Ham As this is an older post you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also provide the opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in providing a more accurate answer to your question. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here