Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to start ranger-hdfs plugin manually? we have a ranger .4 on hdp2.2.4. the ranger policies were being by-passed to hadoop-acl. I tried to diable anb enable the plugin on namenode by using the enable-hdfs-plugin.sh script and it threw an error as :

How to start ranger-hdfs plugin manually? we have a ranger .4 on hdp2.2.4. the ranger policies were being by-passed to hadoop-acl. I tried to diable anb enable the plugin on namenode by using the enable-hdfs-plugin.sh script and it threw an error as :

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to start ranger-hdfs plugin manually? we have a ranger .4 on hdp2.2.4. the ranger policies were being by-passed to hadoop-acl. I tried to diable anb enable the plugin on namenode by using the enable-hdfs-plugin.sh script and it threw an error as :

at com.xasecure.utils.install.XmlConfigChanger.run(XmlConfigChanger.java:208) at com.xasecure.utils.install.XmlConfigChanger.main(XmlConfigChanger.java:77) Caused by: com.xasecure.utils.install.XmlConfigChanger$ValidationException: ERROR: configuration token [XAAUDIT.DB.USER_NAME] is not defined in the file: [/usr/hdp/2.2.4.10-3/ranger-hdfs-plugin/install.properties] at com.xasecure.utils.install.XmlConfigChanger.replaceProp(XmlConfigChanger.java:447) at com.xasecure.utils.install.XmlConfigChanger.run(XmlConfigChanger.java:205) ... 1 more ************************************************************************* ERROR: Unable to make changes to config. file: /usr/hdp/2.2.4.10-3/hadoop/conf/xasecure-audit.xml

Re: How to start ranger-hdfs plugin manually? we have a ranger .4 on hdp2.2.4. the ranger policies were being by-passed to hadoop-acl. I tried to diable anb enable the plugin on namenode by using the enable-hdfs-plugin.sh script and it threw an error as :

Rising Star

The error says "XAAUDIT.DB.USER_NAME" is not defined in the file: [/usr/hdp/2.2.4.10-3/ranger-hdfs-plugin/install.properties] . Did you check if you have defined this property for ranger audit db .

Highlighted

I have disabled the audit logging to a database by setting:

XAAUDIT.DB.IS_ENABLED=false

But it still asks for a username.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here