Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How to update the Datatype of custom datatype in Hive Table ?

Explorer

Hi Team ,

I have added below attribute in HIVE _TABLE type , This is the single value , How can i update the multiple value field

{"name":"columns","typeName":hive_column","isOptional":true,"cardinality":"SINGLE","valuesMinCount":0,"valuesMaxCount":1,"isUnique":false,"isIndexable":false,"constraints":[{"type":"ownedRef"}]},

Required like below :

{"name":"columns","typeName":"array<hive_column>","isOptional":true,"cardinality":"SINGLE","valuesMinCount":0,"valuesMaxCount":1,"isUnique":false,"isIndexable":false,"constraints":[{"type":"ownedRef"}]},

I am getting below 2 error while updating and deletion that hive table type

{"errorCode":"ATLAS-400-00-00D","errorMessage":"hive_table.ADGroupInfo : attribute delete not supported"}

{"errorCode":"ATLAS-400-00-029","errorMessage":"Data type update for attribute is not supported"}

Please help me on this ..!!!

Tahnks in advance..!!!

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

@Satya Nittala, looks like there is an issue with your JSON, its missing with some attritubutes

Please provide the output of http://atlas_host:21000/api/atlas/v2/types/typedefs and JSON provide for update type API call

Since its array<hive_column> the attribute valuesMaxCount should be "valuesMaxCount" : 2147483647