Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to update the Datatype of custom datatype in Hive Table ?

Highlighted

How to update the Datatype of custom datatype in Hive Table ?

Explorer

Hi Team ,

I have added below attribute in HIVE _TABLE type , This is the single value , How can i update the multiple value field

{"name":"columns","typeName":hive_column","isOptional":true,"cardinality":"SINGLE","valuesMinCount":0,"valuesMaxCount":1,"isUnique":false,"isIndexable":false,"constraints":[{"type":"ownedRef"}]},

Required like below :

{"name":"columns","typeName":"array<hive_column>","isOptional":true,"cardinality":"SINGLE","valuesMinCount":0,"valuesMaxCount":1,"isUnique":false,"isIndexable":false,"constraints":[{"type":"ownedRef"}]},

I am getting below 2 error while updating and deletion that hive table type

{"errorCode":"ATLAS-400-00-00D","errorMessage":"hive_table.ADGroupInfo : attribute delete not supported"}

{"errorCode":"ATLAS-400-00-029","errorMessage":"Data type update for attribute is not supported"}

Please help me on this ..!!!

Tahnks in advance..!!!

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to update the Datatype of custom datatype in Hive Table ?

Expert Contributor

@Satya Nittala, looks like there is an issue with your JSON, its missing with some attritubutes

Please provide the output of http://atlas_host:21000/api/atlas/v2/types/typedefs and JSON provide for update type API call

Since its array<hive_column> the attribute valuesMaxCount should be "valuesMaxCount" : 2147483647

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here