Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How to use CDP on-Premise without trial limitation period and buying subscription?

Highlighted

How to use CDP on-Premise without trial limitation period and buying subscription?

Explorer

Starting with CDH 6.3.3 Cloudera requires a subscription. 
We're using Cloudera Express 6.3.2 now. 
My company is not ready to buy a subscription.
The data and analytics we have now do not worth it YET.

So, the choice is:

1) Buy a subscription (it's not our case for now definitely).

2) Build own infrastructure from vanilla Apache frameworks and get buried under dependency hell and eternal maintenance.

3) Move to the public clouds (we can't store all data there due to local laws limitations).

I'm lost and frustrated. Monopoly on the market as it's best.
Any advice appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: How to use CDP on-Premise without trial limitation period and buying subscription?

New Contributor

Keep your installation files if you still have them.

All of CDP is opensourced... .you just have to compile yourself.  So yeah pretty much not going to happen for most people.

I'd make a drive to show value, although I find most open source requires a lot of expertise, (you need to hire a practitioner that know its cold) or you need a support contract.  They're are a lot of edges you can run into.

Highlighted

Re: How to use CDP on-Premise without trial limitation period and buying subscription?

Explorer

I am in the same boat using the 6.3.2 express edition.

With this paywall subscription thing from Jan 31, will it affect only the Trial and Enterprise edition or will it affect the express edition too ?? please help on this as days are very few to make a plan 

Mentor

@sass 

I just posted a response to a similar question and it should be valid for your case too. Folks are starting to miss Hortonworks right?
https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/CDH-Express-edition-be-affected-with-Paywall-sub...

Happy hadooping !!!!

Was your question answered? If so make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, Kudos this answer by hitting the thumbs up button.

Don't have an account?