Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hue 3.6 doesn't show Spark in Menu List

Solved Go to solution

Hue 3.6 doesn't show Spark in Menu List

Explorer

I installed Hue 3.6 with CDH5.1.1 by cloudera manager, but I can't find Spark in Query Editor menu. I verified that the spark is up and running and hue-spark RPM has been installed on hue node. Would anybody know how I can troubleshoot the problem? Is it caused by using cloudera manager express version that used to install the cluster?

Innovation Never Die
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hue 3.6 doesn't show Spark in Menu List

The app is blacklisted, in the Cloudera Manager safety valve for the Hue
server, enter:

[desktop]
app_blacklist=

Then the icon will show up after a Hue restart.

http://gethue.com/get-started-with-spark-deploy-spark-server-and-compute-pi-from-your-web-browser/

Romain

2 REPLIES 2

The app is blacklisted, in the Cloudera Manager safety valve for the Hue
server, enter:

[desktop]
app_blacklist=

Then the icon will show up after a Hue restart.

http://gethue.com/get-started-with-spark-deploy-spark-server-and-compute-pi-from-your-web-browser/

Romain

Contributor

Hi romain,

I'm using CDH 5.2, i've add "[desktop] app_blacklist=" to the Service and Wide Configuration tab of Hue on Cloudera Manager but Spark still not show up on Hue.

I also try to edit the hue.ini in /etc/hue/conf but nothing happen to, the desktop configuration tab on Hue still show this: 

app_blacklist          spark

Comma separated list of apps to not load at server startup.

Default:

Can you provide any help ?

Thanks !

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here