Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hue Admin Password Reset

Hue Admin Password Reset

Explorer

Im trying to reset my Hue admin password.  On my first login attempt I created the new user and pasword as requested but the password I created doesnt work.  I have been trying to follow the instructions of the programmatic way of resetting the hue password but I get this when trying to run the command build/env/bin/hue shell

"-bash: build/env/bin/hue: No such file or directory." 

I have a four node cluster on Centos 6.5, and installed everything using the Cloudera Manager.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Hue Admin Password Reset

Explorer

Yes thats what is was talking about.  Im trying to do the programmatic way but i cant open the hue shell.  I dont know if my directory is wrong or what.  Also /usr/lib/hue is an empty directory.

There is the /opt/... path above if you are using CM and parcels

Explorer

Oh thanks, I didnt notice that part.  However, when i cd to /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/share/  the only directory inside that is doc not hue.  Same goes for this directory as well /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.4-1.cdh5.4.4.p0.4/share

The is not lib dir?

e.g.
/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.4-1.cdh5.4.4.p0.4/lib/hue

Explorer

Got it!  Was able to create a new superuser.  Thanks a lot!

New Contributor

Hi,

Can you please post the steps you have done to get into hue shell? I am unble to create a superuser, getting the below error.

[root@ip-172-31-35-214 bin]# pwd
/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.6.0-1.cdh5.6.0.p0.45/lib/hue/build/env/bin
[root@ip-172-31-35-214 bin]# hue
-bash: hue: command not found

Explorer

hi Chandni,

execute : ./hue