Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hue Examples für Hive and Impala not working

Hue Examples für Hive and Impala not working

New Contributor

Hello,

iam completely new in the area of cloudera and its many services. So i followed the Installation Path B - Manual Installation Using Cloudera Manager Packages for the initial installationon my linux system. So iam using CDH 5.4.2! After that the HUE 3.7.0 UI offers some examples for testing e.g. hive and impala. But both lead to an error:

For Hive it looks like this:

Table could not be installed: Error during the Creation of the table sample_07: Could not connect to D-3120S01.UNI-MUENSTER.DE:10000 (code THRIFTTRANSPORT): TTransportException('Could not connect to D-3120S01.UNI-MUENSTER.DE:10000',).

For Imapala:

Table could not be installed: Error during the Creation of the Tabelle sample_07: Invalid method name: 'ExecuteStatement' (code THRIFTAPPLICATION): None.

Hue even says at the section testing of the configuration that something about the Hiveserver2 isnt active. Since the installation i only changed the configuration for creating a thriftserver role and added it to hue.

What is the problem? What am i missing?

Thank you very much!

Fred

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here