Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Hue error: Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle

Hue error: Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle

Contributor

Hi Team,

I am using HUE-3.8.1 with HDP-2.4.2. While clicking on EXECUTE button in hive query from hue, the error throws as:

Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle 
[opType=EXECUTE_STATEMENT, 
getHandleIdentifier()=7e5d0a7a-8a48-43a7-92cc-a8e2a2dc2543]

The error occurs only for one particular user. Other users are able to able to execute the same and able to view the logs. I checked in hiveserver2.log file and its showing for that particular user as

HiveServer2-Handler-Pool: Thread-90]: operation.Operation 
(Operation.java:createOperationLog(206)) - Unable to create operation 
log file: 
/tmp/hive/operation_logs/1bae153d-d7a8-4072-996a-5056cce93fda/fcfdb6ea-34f2-4ee3-b
java.io.IOException: No such file or directory

But I am not able to understand how other users are able to fetch the directory but only one user is not able to find the directory

I found that the directory exists and have permissions under /tmp folder

ll /tmp/hive |grep operation_logs
drwxr-xr-x  5 hive hadoop     4096 Dec  9 14:25 operation_logs

Please help.

Thanks

Rahul

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hue error: Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle

@Rahul Buragohain

Hue 3.8.1 is not a supported version with HDP 2.4.2. Also, the issue seems to be related to permissions as operation_logs directory has 755 permissions with owner being hive. Hence, any other user than hive could write to this folder.

Re: Hue error: Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle

Contributor

@Sindhu

We have a client who is working with hue. Hue is integrated with AD. The users who logs in hue are able to run the queries and execute jobs, even from my user I tried to execute queries and able to view the logs, but how only one user is not able to view the logs?