Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hue error: Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle

Highlighted

Hue error: Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle

Contributor

Hi Team,

I am using HUE-3.8.1 with HDP-2.4.2. While clicking on EXECUTE button in hive query from hue, the error throws as:

Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle 
[opType=EXECUTE_STATEMENT, 
getHandleIdentifier()=7e5d0a7a-8a48-43a7-92cc-a8e2a2dc2543]

The error occurs only for one particular user. Other users are able to able to execute the same and able to view the logs. I checked in hiveserver2.log file and its showing for that particular user as

HiveServer2-Handler-Pool: Thread-90]: operation.Operation 
(Operation.java:createOperationLog(206)) - Unable to create operation 
log file: 
/tmp/hive/operation_logs/1bae153d-d7a8-4072-996a-5056cce93fda/fcfdb6ea-34f2-4ee3-b
java.io.IOException: No such file or directory

But I am not able to understand how other users are able to fetch the directory but only one user is not able to find the directory

I found that the directory exists and have permissions under /tmp folder

ll /tmp/hive |grep operation_logs
drwxr-xr-x  5 hive hadoop     4096 Dec  9 14:25 operation_logs

Please help.

Thanks

Rahul

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Hue error: Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle

@Rahul Buragohain

Hue 3.8.1 is not a supported version with HDP 2.4.2. Also, the issue seems to be related to permissions as operation_logs directory has 755 permissions with owner being hive. Hence, any other user than hive could write to this folder.

Re: Hue error: Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle

Contributor

@Sindhu

We have a client who is working with hue. Hue is integrated with AD. The users who logs in hue are able to run the queries and execute jobs, even from my user I tried to execute queries and able to view the logs, but how only one user is not able to view the logs?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here