Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hue examples using CLI in 5.15

Hue examples using CLI in 5.15

New Contributor

Following steps in http://gethue.com/hue-api-execute-some-builtin-commands/ and I get the following error

File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.15.1-1.cdh5.15.1.p0.4/lib/hue/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.10-py2.7.egg/django/db/utils.py", line 99, in __exit__
    six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.15.1-1.cdh5.15.1.p0.4/lib/hue/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.10-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/util.py", line 53, in execute
    return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.15.1-1.cdh5.15.1.p0.4/lib/hue/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.10-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py", line 452, in execute
    return Database.Cursor.execute(self, query, params)
django.db.utils.OperationalError: no such table: auth_user
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Hue examples using CLI in 5.15

Guru
auth_user is a table in Hue database, it looks like that you do not have Hue database setup correctly.

Is your Hue server actually running fine?

Re: Hue examples using CLI in 5.15

Super Guru

@antonio,

If you have a running Hue server, it is likely that the location of the Hue configuration file was not specified when running the command line command.  If the HUE_CONF_DIR environment variable is not set, Hue will use defaults which leverage sqlite, I believe.

Make sure you have HUE_CONF_DIR set.  I use:

export HUE_CONF_DIR=/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/`ls -lrt /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/ | awk '{print $9}' |grep HUE_SERVER| tail -1`

Ben