Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Hue role 's process failed to start with Kerberos service

Contributor

Hi,

I have enabled Kerberos in CDH cluster,and  all is running fine but the Hue service with an error shows that ' role's process failed to start 

Below is error log.Anyone has idea about this?Please help me.Thank you very much.

``Couldn't renew kerberos ticket in order to work around Kerberos 1.8.1 issue. Please check that the ticket for 'hue/dnode0@EXAMPLE.COM' is still renewable:
  $ kinit -f -c /tmp/hue_krb5_ccache
If the 'renew until' date is the same as the 'valid starting' date, the ticket cannot be renewed. Please check your KDC configuration, and the ticket renewal policy (maxrenewlife) for the 'hue/dnode0@EXAMPLE.COM' and `krbtgt' principals.
[17/Nov/2016 17:44:28 ] settings     INFO     Welcome to Hue 3.9.0

```

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hue role 's process failed to start with Kerberos service

Cloudera Employee

Hi lidaling,

A Kerberos ticket has two lifetimes: a ticket lifetime and a renewable lifetime.

From the error message I suspect that on your cluster these two are the same, meaning that the tickets cannot be renewed before expiry.

Look for these configuration options in /etc/krb5.conf or on your kdc.conf on the kerberos server:

ticket_lifetime = 2d  
renew_lifetime = 7d

Somewhere these two is configured to be identical. 

cheers,

zegab

Re: Hue role 's process failed to start with Kerberos service

Contributor

I have set these values in the config files.flow cloudera official documents.It seems not work

/etc/krb5.conf:

ticket_lifetime = 24h
renew_lifetime = 7d
forwardable = true

/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf:

max_life = 25h
max_renewable_life = 4w
default_principal_flags = +renewable