Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

I am getting Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Tez.TezTask

Highlighted

I am getting Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Tez.TezTask

New Contributor
hortonworks-error.png

Hi All,

I am getting Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Tez.TezTask while running hive- f hiveddl.sql command in the hortonwork sandbox. I am using 2.2.4.2 version of sandbox.

Please look into the attached screenshot for your reference.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I am getting Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Tez.TezTask

Could you share the first few lines of the error message?

Re: I am getting Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Tez.TezTask

New Contributor

May be a funny reply but I am not able to see the first line error message. Scrolling up and down or copy paste option is not working in sandbox for me.

@Kumar Harshvardhan Is there a particular reason that you are not using 2.3.2 sandbox?

try this set hive.vectorized.execution.enabled = false; and then rung query

New Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal: I have done the changes as per your suggestion after that also I am getting the same error.

There is no particular reason for not using 2.3.2 sandbox. I have already configured 2.2.4.2 sandbox so using it.

Actually I am trying one Horton work example for twitter data analysis(

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-to-refine-and-visualize-sentiment-data/

)

I am able to import all the tables except tweets_sentiment & tweetsbi in hive. I guess it is because of the above error.

Thanks

Kumar Harshvardhan