Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I am new to hadoop? I got this error while upload csv file on hdfs from ambari hdfs view from window 8 64 bit. I use different links to upload file on ambari hdfs even from vm CentOS but it didn't work? How can I upload that file?

Highlighted

I am new to hadoop? I got this error while upload csv file on hdfs from ambari hdfs view from window 8 64 bit. I use different links to upload file on ambari hdfs even from vm CentOS but it didn't work? How can I upload that file?

Explorer

500 Pathname /tmp/maria_dev/D:HiveHadoopTeamsHalf.csv from /tmp/maria_dev/D:HiveHadoopTeamsHalf.csv is not a valid. DFS filename

hdfsfile-upload-error.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I am new to hadoop? I got this error while upload csv file on hdfs from ambari hdfs view from window 8 64 bit. I use different links to upload file on ambari hdfs even from vm CentOS but it didn't work? How can I upload that file?

Expert Contributor

@Bilal Nasir

D: does not seems to go well for file name. Please try after removing colon(:) from your file name.

Highlighted

Re: I am new to hadoop? I got this error while upload csv file on hdfs from ambari hdfs view from window 8 64 bit. I use different links to upload file on ambari hdfs even from vm CentOS but it didn't work? How can I upload that file?

Explorer

Actually it is the Windows path like "D:/HiveHadoop/TeamsHalf.csv" and it is concatenated with "/tmp/maria_dev/" then at the back end it will convert it into /tmp/maria_dev/D:HiveHadoopTeamsHalf.csv

I didn't type the path. I click the upload button then Browse the file from directory which is "D:/HiveHadoop/TeamsHalf.csv" and then when finally click the upload button after selection this exception come.

500Pathname /tmp/maria_dev/D:HiveHadoopTeamsHalf.csv from /tmp/maria_dev/D:HiveHadoopTeamsHalf.csv is not a valid DFS filename

i follow this link http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-to-use-hcatalog-basic-pig-hive-commands/

Highlighted

Explorer

Following are the procedure that i am following but i didn't upload file on HDFS. Please help me..

2.png4.png3.png1.png5.png
Highlighted

Hi,

Did you solve your issue ?, because I have the same but only in Internet Explorer, it is OK on Firefox and Chrome.

BR

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here