Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I am not able to intsall zeppelin service on ambari

Highlighted

I am not able to intsall zeppelin service on ambari

Below are the Ambari logs while installing zeppelin

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.3/services/ZEPPELIN/package/scripts/master.py", line 235, in <module>
    Master().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 219, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.3/services/ZEPPELIN/package/scripts/master.py", line 54, in install
    self.install_packages(env)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 404, in install_packages
    Package(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 154, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 158, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 121, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/__init__.py", line 49, in action_install
    self.install_package(package_name, self.resource.use_repos, self.resource.skip_repos)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/apt.py", line 53, in wrapper
    return function_to_decorate(self, name, *args[2:])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/apt.py", line 97, in install_package
    self.checked_call_until_not_locked(cmd, sudo=True, env=INSTALL_CMD_ENV, logoutput=self.get_logoutput())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/__init__.py", line 72, in checked_call_until_not_locked
    return self.wait_until_not_locked(cmd, is_checked=True, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/__init__.py", line 80, in wait_until_not_locked
    code, out = func(cmd, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 70, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 92, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 140, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 291, in _call
    raise Fail(err_msg)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of '/usr/bin/apt-get -q -o Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef --allow-unauthenticated --assume-yes install zeppelin' returned 100. Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable/main amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/dl.google.com_linux_chrome_deb_dists_stable_main_binary-amd64_Packages)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
E: Unable to locate package zeppelin
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: I am not able to intsall zeppelin service on ambari

Mentor

What's the result of update command? You may need to check your repos for duplicate entries.

sudo apt-get update

Mentor

Try cleaning the cache

sudo apt-get clean
Highlighted

Are you running HDP 2.4? The current version of the Ambari service installs the Zeppelin rpm package that is only available via HDP 2.4 repo (see here for more info):

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/apache-zeppelin-hdp-2-4/

If you are running HDP 2.4, then the other problem might be: not sure if zeppelin package is available for ubuntu yet as part of HDP 2.4 repo

@vshukla would you know?

Highlighted

Arten - after running update getting same error

Highlighted

Ali - i am using HDP -2.3

Highlighted

Explorer

If you are on HDP 2.3 -- make sure you are using this: http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/apache-zeppelin/

Highlighted

Ran "sudo apt-get clean", but still getting the same error.

Also ran "sudo apt-get update" again but no progress.

output of sudo apt-get update :

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

and in zeppelin service log it is mentioned -

/var/lib/apt/lists/dl.google.com_linux_chrome_deb_dists_stable_main_binary-amd64_Packages

Highlighted

Contributor

No,Its not part of the repo I have tested this feature on HDP 2.4.2 with ubuntu 12.04

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here