Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I am not getting hive shell prompt , it is usual problem and did not solve yet

I am not getting hive shell prompt , it is usual problem and did not solve yet

Explorer

22 REPLIES 22

Re: I am not getting hive shell prompt , it is usual problem and did not solve yet

@Bhushan Mahajan Did you install client tools in the server/node? Please do metion environment details like HDP version, Ambari version, tools installed

Re: I am not getting hive shell prompt , it is usual problem and did not solve yet

Explorer

Hi Neeraj,

Ambari 2.1.0 and HDP supported latest version and i have installed hive on namenode

Explorer

Hi Neeraj,

Ambari 2.1.0 and HDP supported latest version and i have installed hive on namenode

@Bhushan Mahajan

1) run it as use hive

su - hive

hive

and see if this is permission issue

2) If you have another job running that's consuming the resources then hive cli will hang and wait on 1st job to finish.

Explorer

I tried as you suggested there is permission ok still not getting hive CLI. this time i changed execution engine Tez to mapreduce.

Thanks Neeraj

Explorer

i got 1 exception in /tmp/hive/hive.log

Got exception: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException null org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException

Guru

check /tmp/<username>/hive.log to see if there are any errors. (assuming you have hive client installed and its just hanging)

Please provide detail.

Is there any error while you are running hive command on shell or going in hang mode.

try this command

hive -hiveconf hive.root.logger=DEBUG,console

Share the output

Explorer

Nothing i have been traced all log file directories and i did not find any exception just hang