Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I am trying to connect to AWS machine with AMI ID Hortonworks HDPCDeveloper_2.2 PracticeExam_v7 (ami-617b6700) using VNC Viwer and getting Timed Out Connection. Please Help.

Highlighted

I am trying to connect to AWS machine with AMI ID Hortonworks HDPCDeveloper_2.2 PracticeExam_v7 (ami-617b6700) using VNC Viwer and getting Timed Out Connection. Please Help.

I am trying to connect to AWS first time and have followed all the instructions from HDPCD-Java-PracticeExamGuide.pdf.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: I am trying to connect to AWS machine with AMI ID Hortonworks HDPCDeveloper_2.2 PracticeExam_v7 (ami-617b6700) using VNC Viwer and getting Timed Out Connection. Please Help.

Hi @Vishal, I'd recommend you to check the configuration of your security group. Is your instance correctly associated to the security group you created? Is your security group allowing incoming connection on port 5901 (with your IP address as source)?

Re: I am trying to connect to AWS machine with AMI ID Hortonworks HDPCDeveloper_2.2 PracticeExam_v7 (ami-617b6700) using VNC Viwer and getting Timed Out Connection. Please Help.

Thank You so much @Pierre Villard for your response, I have following settings in my security group named: hwxPracticeExam under Inbound

SSH TCP 22 0.0.0.0/0
Custom TCP Rule TCP 5901 0.0.0.0/0

So I should accept traffic from all IP adreses?

Highlighted

Please never mind and ignore last comment I figured out that I was behind Firewall and MyIP was not getting picked up right.

Thanks for giving the direction though.

Highlighted

Hi @Vishal , i am getting the same issue, i have even disabled my laptop firewall, still issue persists.

Highlighted

Hello Aryan, it was network firewall/route rules I was referring to. Please make sure the network you are using is not blocking connection on port 5901.

Highlighted

@Vishal How can i make sure that the network is not blocking connection on port 5901? My laptop firewall is disabled.

I am stuck on this issue from one week

Highlighted

@Aryan if you using your home network, please try netstat -anp | find "5901" if returns nothing you should be good from port perspective. Check your IP using nslookup and if it is starting with 169. or 10. it tells me that you are using private network and many things could go wrong in that case, not sure if i could help in that case if not Make sure your security group is configured correctly from inbound perspectively it should open 0.0.0.0/0 all IPs for port 5901 as mentioned above in the thread.

Highlighted

@Vishal , netstat -anp | find "5901" returned nothing. my current ip is 192.168.43.240

I have created the security group as per hortonworks documentation.

Highlighted

@Vishal, netstat -anp | find "5901" returned me nothing. My current ip address is 192.168.43.240

For security rules i followed each step of documentation. My laptop firewalls are also diasbled.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here